It was so pleasing to see the children arrive to school at the commencement of the year in their new uniforms, hats and polished shoes. As we become busily involved in various College activities some uniform items can be misplaced, or in the rush to get to school certain uniform items may be forgotten. The following dot points outline some of the St John’s uniform expectations:
- Hats should be worn to and from school each day.
- Jewellery should not be worn to school apart from a watch. Girls may wear one small, silver or gold, round stud or sleeper in each ear and ear rings should not contain coloured stones.
- Hair should be of a conservative style. For boys, tracks and very short sides are not appropriate. Girls with hair touching the shoulders or longer must have their hair tied back and wear ribbons/hair bands of the College colours – red, white and blue. Parents are asked to remember our uniform expectations when organising haircuts for their children.
- Sports shoes should be predominately white with white shoe laces.
- Students in Years 3 to 6 should ensure that they wear a College badge on the right of their collar and House badge on the left every day the formal uniform is worn. Students in younger grades may also wear the College badge and House badge although these are not compulsory until Year 3.
- All items of clothing should be clearly labelled with the child’s name so they can be returned to their owner if misplaced.
We thank families for making the effort to ensure their children are wearing our College uniform correctly and with pride.