The Sports Centre Redevelopment project is well underway with many final touches being added in coming weeks. Once complete, the Sports Centre will be a high-class sporting facility and home for the St John’s Dragon’s. This modern facility will not only provide opportunities for our students but the wider Forest Lake community and sporting organisations to benefit and enjoy.
See below the latest updates:
- The hall is now fully glazed with all wall finishes complete.
- Installation of the lift is complete with testing scheduled for Tuesday
- The floor and tiling in the canteen have been finished
- Student amenities fully fitted out
- Glass walls installed on upper level
- Ceilings and walls on the upper level nearing completion
- Installation of joinery for staff workstations and meeting room has commenced
- Carpet tiles are due to go down next week
- External pathways and landscaping has commenced
We are thrilled to be sharing this new sport precinct with our community. Donations, large, regular or small, are still required from the College Community to bring the vision of the new Sports Centre to reality. Help us reach our goal or find out more information CLICK HERE.
Support St John’s
The Sports Department has been working on several tasks in the absence of our TAS Sport Program. TAS Schools are working with the TAS Association to create some school wide challenges and fun events that aim to maintain the valuable links between our schools. Our social media channels will be very busy over the course of this term so please show your support by liking our St John’s Anglican College Sport page on Facebook – CLICK HERE.
To help St John’s claim online victory via the The Associated Schools competition please like, comment and share our College picture with your family and friends – CLICK HERE.
GDC Fitness Virtual Training Sessions
Our dedicated Basketball Coordinator, Gavin de la Cruz who has worked with the St John’s Sports department for many years is also a dedicated fitness professional and runs GDC Fitness Virtual Training Sessions. Gavin has been very supportive of our sports program at St John’s and has invited the community to join his online fitness sessions and zoom meetings.
If you are looking to stay fit and kept accountable during this time, simply follow these easy steps below:
- Families must be on Facebook
- Search for “GDC Fitness Virtual Training Session“
- Request to join group
- When Approval is completed a Registration Information message will be sent
- Part of GDC Virtual Training Session is to participate online via “Zoom” so techniques can be observed, and fault correction can be done.
- There is no cost involved for our families, simply participate in this fun and interactive session.
Head of Sport and PE
To continue health and fitness during this time 2020 Sport Prefects, Ainsley Sherrington and Benjamin Lythall have designed a competition that all students can compete in.
We hope everyone is doing well and staying safe during this time. With the cancellation of TAS sports competitions, we have devised two competitions that will be held over the next few weeks. This week we will be holding a Trick Shot competition.
To be eligible for this competition:
- Must be a St John’s students and in tidy College sports uniform.
- Record a short 5 to 30-second video of yourself in your College sports uniform performing one of your most talented, craziest trick shots.
- Send this video via messenger to the St John’s Anglican College Sports Facebook page or via email to Sports Administrator, Miss Catherine Birch email@example.com.
- The winner will be announced on Wednesday, 6 May via our St John’s Anglican College Sports Facebook Page.
Ainsley Sherrington and Benjamin Lythall
2020 Sport Prefects