We will have our final collection of blazers from now until the last day of the 2019 school year, Thursday 5 December. The Uniform Shop will have a complete list of all pockets that have been issued for the year. Whilst we will accept all blazers up until the final day of the school year it is advisable to bring it in before then. Students will need to check the list of pocket awards with the relevant department to make sure that what they have been allocated is correct before dropping their blazer in. If for some reason your name is not on the list supplied to us then it is the students responsibility to follow up with their teacher/coach and this will not be able to be done until the new school year if you leave it till the last day to bring your blazer in. Due to the large quantity of blazers received at the end of year, current Year 11 students must inform us if they require their blazers to be embroidered with “Senior 2020”.
It is not compulsory for students to have embroidery done on their blazer and if you are not familiar with the pocket system please contact the Uniform Shop for more information.
The cost of embroidery is below for your reference and please note that dry cleaning is included in these costs. If gold buttons are missing off any blazer these will automatically be sewn on and the cost added to the invoice as per below.
|CERTIFICATE RECEIVED||POCKET FOR EMBROIDERY||COST (gst incl.)|
|Removal of Each Pocket/s and stitch back on blazer||Cost is per pocket||$25.00|
|Purchase of St John’s Pocket||$20.00|
|College Captain Pocket||Top Left Pocket||$40.00|
|Prefect Pocket (Includes Activity Prefect)||Top Left Pocket||$55.00|
|Senior||Top Left Pocket||$25.00|
|Activity Captain||Bottom Left/Right Pocket||$30.00|
|House Captain, House Vice-Captain, Chapel Captain||Top Left Pocket||$25.00|
|Middle School Council Rep||Bottom Left/Right Pocket||$20.00|
|Year 7/8/9 Class Leader||Bottom Left/Right Pocket||$20.00|
|Premiership Pocket||Bottom Left/Right Pocket||$30.00|
|Participation Pocket (Gold, Silver, Bronze)||Bottom Left/Right Pocket||$20.00|
|Addition of Year Only for Participation Pocket||Bottom Left/Right Pocket||$14.00|
|Purchase of Blank Top Right Pocket||$15.00|
|Sewing on of Button||$5.00|
|Restitch Bottom Blazer Pocket||$15.00|
|Dry Cleaning Only||$15.00|
|Take up blazer sleeves (temporary)||$30.00|
Current Year 12 Families
Every year the Uniform Shop sends old school uniforms overseas to those less fortunate. If your child is graduating at the end of the year and you wish to donate, please drop any unwanted school uniform items including bags and hat’s to the Uniform Shop. Any donations are always greatly appreciated.
Uniform Shop Manager
Year 12 access to careers bulletins after 15 November
As the Year 12s finish on 15 November, the final careers bulletin that will be accessible by Year 12 students by email will be the 6 November issue. The final two careers bulletins for the year (20 November and 4 December) will be uploaded to the old collegians section of the college website http://stjohnsanglicancollege.com.au/old-collegians-association/ .
QTAC reminders for Year 12 students
The presentation from the QTAC Information Evening on 21 August at 6:30pm has been uploaded to the college website at http://stjohnsanglicancollege.com.au/old-collegians-association/ .
1 August Applications open
30 September Final date to apply for some courses
15 November First offer round for Year 12 students
13 December Due date to apply and submit documents for the January offer round
14 December Queensland Year 12 results released online
23 December First offer round after Year 12 results are released
7 January Final date to change preferences for January round
15 January Offer round for many semester 1 courses
Late January/February/March Further offers made for semester 1 courses
- applicants have 6 preferences
- they will receive one offer in their highest eligible preference. International students may receive more than one offer.
- they can change preferences after their application is submitted
- applicants have 3 free changes as part of the application fee. The application fee is $44 from 1 August to 29 February. The fee from 1 March is $75. The cost for any changes of preference is $44 per change.
Ordering your preferences
|Desired courses||Courses you most want to study|
|Back-up courses||Less competitive courses that you want to study|
|Admission pathway courses||Courses that will help you upgrade into a course you really want.|
- apply for entry into a Diploma
- if applicants pass they get guaranteed entry into the Bachelor course
- get credit for study done so far, graduate with two qualifications
- provides the student with the ability to develop conceptual skills, discipline knowledge and academic skills prior to embarking on a bachelor degree
- improve selection rank after completion of the diploma
- often no prerequisites on dual qualifications
An example of a dual qualification is Diploma of Screen and Media/Bachelor of Games and Interactive Design offered by TAFE Queensland.
- Learner Unique Identifier (LUI)
- email address (not your school email address)
- details of additional qualifications (if you have any)
- authorise someone you trust to act on your behalf. If you are unable to access the internet to respond to offers, no one (not even your parent/guardian) can respond to offers if you haven’t nominated them to act on your behalf.
When offers are released, applicants receive an email and SMS. You will need to log-in to “My Application”, then click on the “Respond to Offer” tab. You will also receive an SMS if an offer is about to lapse.
Responding to your offer
Defer offer (available for selected courses)
For more information about QTAC, visit www.qtac.edu.au .
Change of Preference events
14 December, 8:00am to 1:00pm (AEST), online
16 December, 9:00am to 1:00pm (AEST), Brisbane campus, 160 Ann Street, Brisbane
Online chat sessions are also available:
26 November, 3:00pm to 6:00pm (AEST)
14 December, 8:00am to 1:00pm (AEST)
16 December, 9:00am to 1:00pm (AEST)
For more information: www.cqu.edu.au
Explore Your Options
- study advisors will be online from the day OPs are released to provide students with support and information as they consider their future plans
- students can chat live with study advisors on:
14 December: 9:00am to 2:00pm
16 to 19 December 9:00am to 2:00pm
Queensland University of Technology (QUT)
Real Decisions Evening
17 December – https://www.qut.edu.au/study/events/real-decisions
The University of Queensland (UQ)
OP Results Advice Night, 15 December
University of Southern Queensland (USQ)
Virtual Open Events
Virtual Open Event – QTAC Change of Preference, 15 December
International Virtual Info Day, 15 December