Dear Parents / Guardians,
St John’s Anglican College has, for many years, entered selected students in a number of external competitions. We value such competitions because they provide the opportunity for students to become “test wise” and to pit their abilities against a wide peer group at the national level.
This year we are again providing parents with the opportunity to nominate their child/ren and pay the entry fee for any competition/s that they would like to enter. If your child is subsequently selected by the College for a competition, the entry fee will be reimbursed.
Competitions available are:
- Australasian Science Competition – 30 May ($9.90) Yrs 7 – 10
- Australian Geography Competition 26 April – 9 May ($4.00) Yrs 7-12
- Australian History Competition 24 May ($6.00) Yrs 8 & 10
- Australian Mathematics Competition – 27 July ($6.50) Yrs 7 – 12
- Australian English Competition – 1 August ($9.90) Yrs 7-10
- Computational and Algorithmic Thinking Competition- 21 March, ($6.50) Yrs 7 – 12.
- Digital Technologies Competition – 23 May ($9.90) Yrs 8 – 12.
The College also enters students in subject specific competitions such as the National Chemistry Quiz, and the Physics Olympiad.
If you wish your child to participate in any or all of the above competitions please complete the attached form and return with payment to the Finance Department, Administration Building College Ave Campus.
Entry Fees must be paid by FRIDAY 3 MARCH.
Deputy Principal – Curriculum